Wednesday 8 December 2010

Title Logo

I spent a long time on photo shop trying to come up with effective logo for our movie. I tried using the traditional Gothic font with a black shadow but I felt it did not relate enough to the themes in our trailer. I went on to DeFont.com to try and find a more theatrical font. I found a very art deco, Broadway style font and tried turning it red with blood dripping down. Afterwards I decided that this was a bit too obvious and made our film seem comical and cartoonlike. Then
I thought about using images and draw too pictures of scary, iconic drama masks on Photoshop. I tried putting on either side of the image but then I thought about something I'd read on a poster. 'The human brain can figure out a word only by reading the first and last letter'. Using this information I tried a new logo in which the masks would replace some of the letters. I think this gives it a cool, modern feel. I got a typewriter font which is similar to the ones used in old-fashioned scripts. I thought that this logo was the most effective and also the images are quite chilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment