Sunday 28 November 2010

First Cut of our Trailer

Filming was very successful. We stuck very close to our schedule and managed to get all the footage we needed. I always set up the camera using the tripod because I made our storyboard and I have a clear vision in my mind of what I wanted the angles of each shot to look like. I tried to use some quite dynamic angles towards the end of the trailer as the shots get more fast pace. Some of the shots towards the end seemed quite disorientating but this adds to the rapid action in the trailer and will build a viewer's interest in the movie. I was in charge of editing the footage. Jessica was very helpful and we collaborated on ideas the whole way through. I have used iMovie many times before and know all about its tools and how to use its devices to my advantage. Before I started editing I looked through all of the transitions and titles together good idea of which ones I wanted to use. Titles and transitions can affect the style of the trailer. I got some very constructive criticism from my teacher. After watching the trailer a couple times over I realised that the beginning is very slow and entire trailer needs more pace. The shots don't have to be long but can still build tension which was a mistake I made with my first edit. This is only meant to be a teaser trailer not a theatrical trailer and does not need to be longer than two minutes. By making the shots very short the audience has enough time to take in what they've seen but are still very curious to see how the story will unfold.



No comments:

Post a Comment